Monday 16 January 2012

WOTTON GLAD TO BE BACK

Returning hero Paul Wotton said he was pleased to back at Home Park after making his second 'debut' for Plymouth Argyle against Burton Albion.

The Pilgrims won 2-1 courtesy of two goals from Simon Walton and Wotton couldn't hide his delight at returning to familiar surroundings following his release from Yeovil Town.

"It happened so quickly:" said Wotton. "I'm not a great believer in fate, but if Terry Skiverton had still been the Yeovil manager, I don't think I would be sat here at Home Park now.

"It has all been so quick, I am still on a high now.

"Everyone knows my history with Plymouth and I am lucky to be a fan and do something about the club's league position on the pitch.

"This is not a bottom of the table side, there is a great spirit in the changing room, all the staff and the players are all together and it feels like I've never been away.

"My heart was always here."